Email me

Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend Recap

Hello all.  I know it's Monday and I usually start the week off with a recap of what happened this past weekend...I add in some nice pictures to talk about what we all did, and that's that.  It makes for an easy post for me to whip up and I like doing it because I can look back on past weeks and remember every last detail of the memories we made as a family.  However, this past weekend was kind of a flop in my book.  I didn't take very many pictures, nor did we do anything exciting.  But we all have those, and if I didn't document that, it wouldn't be real life...so here goes:

Friday night was spent at home with my little man because A didn't get home from his work trip until after M was in bed.  This meant that he and I got some snuggle time in Mommy and Daddy's bed, watching movies and eating popcorn until bedtime.  Those are the moments that I just want to bottle up and always remember, because I know that they won't last forever!
Always has to lay on "Daddy's side" when in our bed :)
After M was down, and once A got home, he and I went and sat out on the deck, and had a few cocktails (me: raspberry vodka and soda and him: Summer Shandy) just to get caught up on the past week.   We were also waiting for his sister and brother-in-law and their three kiddos to come over, because they were staying with us that night.  It was a very quiet night, and we were in bed by 10!

Saturday morning I headed to the gym bright and early (around 5:30), rather than my normal Saturday morning basement routine because that's where one of our guest bedrooms is and my sis-and-bro-in-law were sleeping.  I busted out a nice long 7 mile run and lifted pretty heavy...it felt really good to change it up!

Came home to the entire "clan" in our kitchen eating breakfast and making a mess...nothing like getting me all worked up!  There is nothing worse, in my book, than rude house guests who leave things dirtier than the way they found them!  But that's a whole other story for another time!  I chose to ignore the mess and ran upstairs to shower and get ready for the day.
I did snap this pic of M building his "tower" of "reggos" when I got home...melt my heart!
We spent Saturday morning at the ballpark, watching our 9 year old nephew play baseball.  Then we headed out to a lunch of sushi with my mother and father-in-law.  Whom we spent the entire day with when they came home with us after lunch.  Needless to say, nothing got accomplished around the house like I had originally planned, so the day was pretty much shot.
I did get to enjoy a nice snack of carrots, hummus and wine while his parents were here, so that was a plus!
Saturday night was just the three of us, so I requested wings, beer and pizza for dinner.  For some reason that combo just screams summer to me, and with the temps being near 90 degrees all weekend, they just hit the spot.  All of that goodness was followed by some yummy 1/2 price sonic shakes before heading home for the night.  If you ever want a tasty treat, try the peanut butter cookie shake. oh.my.word.  It was heaven in a styrofoam cup.  Delish.

Sunday morning was church.  Now, I don't know if it's because it's my time of the month, causing my hormones to be all out of whack or what the deal was, but I was like a little crying baby all through the service!  I am usually moved by the messages, but for some reason yesterday it was as though Pastor was speaking to me.  I have never been more moved by a service and I left there feeling like a new woman, with a calming sense of peace over me.   Now, I won't go in to all the details, but all I can say is this:  Whenever times are tough, when you feel like you can't find a way out, just know this:  He is with you.  He will never leave your side.  In fact, He is holding your hand every step of the way, every single day.  Just know this.

Anyway, Sunday afternoon was spent watching for tornadoes and hail before we made a trip to Costco for our bi-weekly stock up!  Then, being the classy people we are, we all three had the $1.50 Costco Hotdog and Pepsi special for dinner.  Classy, right?  Ha!

Then last night, we had our neighbors from across the street over for drinks and snacks, before calling it a night at 9:00 last night.  A late night for us, that's for sure!!

There you have it.  Our laid back, boring weekend.  But hey, that's life sometimes and I wouldn't trade mine for anything!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment