Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Vacay Recap {Part One}

I'm Baaaaaaack!

Did you miss me?  At all?  I'm sure not, but I have to admit, I did miss this little 'ol blog while I was gone!  (Obviously not enough to take time out of my vacation to pop in and say hello, though!) Ha!

Anyway, The hubs and I got back late yesterday afternoon, and like all good trips, the worst part is not only saying good bye to the relaxation and time away, but it's the laundry and unpacking that I hate the most!  Grrrr!  I wish those things would just take care of themselves!!

Yes, I know I wasn't around here on Thursday, even though we didn't leave until Friday morning, but the day came and went so fast, I didn't have time to sit down and whip up a post, so I apologize!  That day started with a shellac manicure (if you've never had one, do it. I promise you won't be disappointed!)
The perfect neutral shade of pink "I Theadore You"
and starbucks with a girlfriend in the morning, followed by lunch with another girlfriend and our kiddos after I picked M up from school.  Then it was home for nap time and my mad woman packing skills for ALL three of us!  You would have thought by the looks of our bags that we were going to be gone for a week, not just four days!
This was just for Aaron and I...Madden had two bags just for himself!
Friday morning was a typical school morning...then home to shower and finish last minute packing (makeup, straightener, blow dryer, etc.) My mom and sister picked M up right after school because he stayed with my parents for the weekend. I said my goodbyes, which get easier the older he gets as he's basically saying "peace out" Mama as I'm  trying to hug and kiss him! 

I waited for A to pick me up, then it was off to the airport! We literally pulled up to the airport 45 minutes before our scheduled flight, walked up to our airline desk, checked our bags, breezed through security in two minutes flat and were sitting and waiting for our flight within 10 minutes of getting there. The luxury of the small Omaha, Nebraska airport! 

The weather we had to "deal with" while we were down there...
We enjoyed a nice 2 1/2 hour flight, along with cocktails and some reading, and were in AZ by 2:30.
For some reason, my cocktail of choice while "mid-air" is always cranberry vodka...
We got to the villa we were staying at, changed clothes and freshened up before heading out with some friends for pizza, beer and wine. And, like any other vacay, underestimated our limits and drank a tad too much! Whoops! Lesson learned!

Saturday morning was an early one as we had a sunrise hike planned on the appropriately named mountain: Sunrise Mountain. It was gorgeous.
We made it...a 6 mile hike, but we (both) made it!
After the hike, we went back to the villa, changed into our swimsuits and met back with our friends for an all day salt river tubing trip. This entailed five and a half hours of lounging on black tubes, tied together with our friends like a barge, with a tube designated strictly to our drinks (beer and straw-beer-itas; yummy!!) all while floating down a saltwater river. Needless to say we got waaay more sun than expected, and drank waaay too much again!

This then led to the moment I will never forget. A moment that will be burned into my brain forever...

Tune in tomorrow to hear this story and part two of our trip!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment