Email me

Friday, August 16, 2013

Friday Faves

Two words:  Happy Friday!!  'Nuff said about that...The weekend is upon us and I couldn't be more excited.  Don't I say that every Friday?  I don't care if I do...I think we all feel that way, so I'm not ashamed :)

Well, folks, it's time for another edition of "Five on Friday" with Darci and a few other amazing gals.  Here's what I'm favoring at the moment:

{One.}
Is it Fall yet??  It seriously feels like it around these parts lately with temps only reaching the upper 60's yesterday.  It's times like these when all I can think about is everything fall scented and flavored: pumpkin, cozy vanillas and cinnamon apple or cranberry...yummy.  I seriously had to use restraint when in Bath and Body Works the other day.  I'm pretty sure I could have walked out with enough fall scented soaps, candles and lotions to last me until next year.  I just can't help myself!!

{Two.}
Have you ever wondered what sweet heaven tastes like?  This.  This right here, would be a pretty close representation as to what glorious drops of heaven taste like.  Caramel Crispix.  It is beyond simple to whip up, and utterly out of this world divine.  I can't stop eating it.  If you haven't noticed, I'm kinda addicted to my sweets, so when I find something that blows my socks off, I just have to share...soooo, I'm sharing this one with y'all.  It is that good.  Recipe found here. 

{Three.}
So I stumbled across this little number while perusing Pinterest the other day and I'm OBSESSED with this pink puffer vest!!  I'm also digging the layering of gingham with it, but that vest.  Unbelievable.  Problem is, the picture doesn't link to anything, so I can't find out where this vest is from.  If y'all could point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful.  My closet needs this like yesterday. #umthankyouverymuch

{Four.}
If you didn't already know, I'm a born and raised Nebraska girl, which means I am a die hard Husker fan.  I mean, you can't live in this state and not like the Huskers.  It's all we have in this great state, otherwise known as "the good life."  So come Saturdays in two weeks, not a single Nebraskan won't be donning their red and white attire.  But how cute are these personalized little numbers?  I like to add a new Husker piece to my wardrobe every season, so I might just need to add that Nebraska State hoodie to my closet this year...

{Five.}
Now I know that we celebrated our five year anniversary nearly two months ago, already, but I stumbled upon this guy on Etsy the other day when searching for wedding gifts for my little sis.  How awesome would this be to give to a couple on their anniversary, or even to your spouse?  I'm thinking landmark anniversaries would be perfect for this...and add to them as the years go on.  If it's personalized, I think it means a lot more, so I'm definitely sold on this guy!

Well that's all for today my loves.  I hope you have a fantastic weekend!THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Until next time...

22 comments:

  1. As a fellow Nebraska girl I just wanna say I LOVE the new gear....and I can't wait for game day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO excited for fall but I'm trying not to rush it! I need to get to Bath and Body Works though so I'm prepared :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEEEENNNNAAAAA!!!!! Your #5 might be one of Phillip's anniversary gifts this year! I'm obsessed!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Happy Friday, love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it!! I am obsessed over any and all things personalized, so I'm definitely going to be snagging a few of these for my parents' 30th anniversary and my in-laws' 40th anniversaries coming up! Plus, if one just happens to fall into my cart for myself, I'm not gonna be too upset about it! haha!

      Have a great weekend, my dear friend!!

      Delete
  4. I want to know where you are getting those Husker shirts from? I live right next door and bleed Black&Gold #GOHAWKS :) And I would love to add that color. We can still be friends...even if you are a Husker fan lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jenna! Just discovered your blog via Holly this morning and love that you are a new blogger as well too! I just started blogging back in June and am having a blast. And I just got a blog makeover myself, so it's always exciting when you see it for the first time. Love that you are obsessed with all the B&B fall scents. It just got into the lower 80's and overcast in SC for the first time in awhile and I was immediately pumped to go buy everything pumpkin/cinnamon smelling. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this <3 It just puts me in the best mood for fall along with this weather <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the vest is from J. Crew last season, but I'm not sure. It just looks similar to one I saw there! I have tried my best to stay away from B&BW because I just know I will want all the yummy smelling fall things if I go in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting excited for fall and Halloween too!! I'm not sure why, it must be the cool temps. Sadly, I live in Nebraska, but I'm not a football fan. :( Please don't hate me!! But I really think I MUST have that hoodie!! Super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Found the vest in girl's size at J . Crew!!! http://www.jcrew.com/girls_feature/NewArrivals/jacketsandouterwear/PRDOVR~02878/ENE~1+2+3+22+4294967294+20~~~0~90~all~mode+matchallany~~~~~vest/02878.jsp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You. Are. My. Hero. EEEEEKKKK!! Colleen!! I am beyond excited about this!! I may have just put one in my cart...whoops! Hahaha!!

      Thank you sooooo much for finding this for me! I owe you, big time!

      Have a great weekend, lady!!

      Delete
  10. First I want some Warm Vanilla B&BW scents. Second my brother's girlfriend is a Nebraska girl. Her family moved to Illinois when she was young and so all the gifts we get are all Nebraska. She would so love that hoodie.. her birthday is coming up where do I find one of those. The anniversayr thing is oober cute. I think doing them on milestone anniversaries are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot wait to go to bath and Body Works and get all their Fall stuff! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that anniversary print!! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caramel Crispix?! Um..yes, please!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about your blog, but I'm blown away by that marriage plaque! My husband and I are about the celebrate our 35th(!), and I would love to have something like that.

    As for the Caramel Crispix...I can tell you right now I would eat too much of it! :)

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love your number 5 - this October marks my first anniversary and I think that would make the perfect paper gift for our new office!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been dreading the end of summer, but this post put me in a fall kind of mood!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey girl hey! I found you through Brin's give a way and wanted to say hi! I am born and raised in Nebraska too, and UNL alum!!! glad to find a fellow husker!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ضریب بازی انفجار مهم ترین فاکتور این بازی پول ساز

    بعد از درک این که بازی انفجار چیست باید با مهمترین فاکتور این بازی یعنی ضریب بازی انفجار آشنا شوید. آشنایی با این ضریب باعث می شود که شما روال آموزش را به خوبی درک کنید و به مراتب ساده تر برنده بازی باشید. پس حتما به توضیحاتی که در ادامه ارائه کرده ایم توجه ویژه داشته باشید تا بتوانید در سایت بازی انفجار سود خوبی را کسب کنید.

    ضریب بازی انفجار در واقع همان عدد وسط نمودار است که برای هر دست از صفر شروع و تا زمانی که دست تموم شود رشد می کند. اما این که این ضریب چگونه تولید می شود و چه نقشی در شرط بندی شما دارد دو موردی است که باید به آن پاسخ کامل بدهیم. تشخیص ضریب بازی انفجار از مواردی است که جای بحث زیادی دارد.

    بگذارید کامل تر بگوییم. در واقع ضریب بازی انفجار یک عدد رندوم است که بعد از قرار گرفتن در یک فرمول خاص تولید الگوریتم بازی انفجار به شکل کنونی خود در می آید. این ضریب همواره عددی بین 0 تا 100 است.

    ReplyDelete