Anyway, my weekend looks to be a little low key, as of right now, so let's hope it stays that way. I know that Mother's Day is Sunday and I am looking forward to being
And now it's time for another Fact Filled Friday!
- Remember how I told you last week that I hated Wednesday nights because those are swimming lesson night? Ummm yeah, my patience was tested again, just like every other week with my little nugget! Man I love him, but holy smokes...simmer down, child...the water isn't poison! And, just because, I snapped this little "selfie" so you could check me out in all my "mom-suit" glory! (insert sarcasm...I'm not a fan of this little number)
- So, I have like THE thinnest hair ever! I like to blame it on my son because after I birthed him, I literally lost about half my hair...so, to combat that, I tease my hair to the high heavens on the regular. (translation: about two times a week because that's the only time I ever actually have to look presentable!) So this would be a little glimpse of me before and after...absolutely redic!
You are welcome.
- Being that it is teacher appreciation week, I decided to whip up a cute gift for M's teachers at preschool...I'm not very crafty AT ALL, but when Darci over at "The Good Life" posted some super cute ideas, I took one of hers and ran with it. Took me all of about 10 minutes to whip up and the teachers LOVED them! I mean what person wouldn't love a $10 gift card to go get some coffee?? Sign me up!
- I don't make my bed everyday if A isn't home because I feel like I don't have anyone to impress and why waste my precious morning hours on something so "trivial"...but I refuse to climb into an unmade bed, so I make it right before I climb into it...it totally contradicts itself. I know. It's ridiculous.
- I made this recipe (for birthday cake oreos) that I found over on "Eat Cake for Dinner" on Monday afternoon. They were to go alongside the "Thanks a latte" card for M's teachers. Um, they were absolutely soooo delicious that I ended up keeping them for myself...all 18 of them! Whoops! Seriously, if you are looking for a yummy quick "cookie" try these. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!
Photo and recipe courtesy of Eat Cake for Dinner
- I may or may not have sat on our deck with just my swimsuit top and shorts on, on Tuesday...It was 75 degrees and sunny and I was going to take full advantage of the gorgeous weather!! (I had to totally disregard the strange looks I was getting from two of our neighbors...) The fact that I walked away from that with some sunkissed cheeks and shoulders was just an added bonus!
Alright dolls, that's all I have for ya for today! But, pssst!! Come back tomorrow for a special little treat on here...I am doing something prettttty exciting!!
Anway, enjoy your weekend and to all you Mamas out there, let me be the first to say: Happy Mother's Day!!
Until next time...