Email me

Friday, October 25, 2013

My Friday Faves

{One.}
My little dragon...Madden has patiently waited to wear his costume and when I finally agreed to let him put it on the other day, he was on cloud nine!  This kid did not want to take it off!  He kept walking around going "Mama, I a dragon...but not a mean dragon, a nice dragon...rooooaaarrrr!!"  I think Halloween will be really fun this year!
{Two.}
Remember how I told you yesterday that I love my crockpot this time of year?  Well here is my latest recipe that the good 'ol crockpot cooked up for me.  This crock pot tater tot casserole was delish!!  It might not have looked the prettiest, but it was like warm heaven on a plate.  And a bonus, for the hubby who hates casseroles, he devoured this one and even got seconds!  I'd take that as a sign that it was a hit!
{Three.}
And just to show you how much I will be using that bad boy this Fall and Winter, here is a recipe that I am whipping up for tonight!  Buffalo Chicken Crock Pot Soup.  I love an easy soup, with just a few ingredients and I plan on serving this with a big 'pl slab of garlic bread to dip in it...mmmmmmm....
{Four.}
Family pictures are on Sunday and after much deliberation, (mainly because of the hubby's indecisive ways) we finally decided upon the color scheme of red and navy.  The pictures are outside in a beautiful arboretum so I'm just hoping these colors pop when paired with the colors of fall.  As soon as I have some sneak peeks, I will be sure to share them with you!! 
(Five.}
I so badly want to find a really cute pair of leg warmers to wear under my boots this Fall and Winter...but I just haven't found any that really float my boat...where would y'all suggest I look?  I am loving these and this look, but I can't seem to find similar ones that don't cost an arm and a leg!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Well, that's all for me for today!!  Have a great weekend, y'all!

Until next time...

34 comments:

  1. I've seen cute boot socks at TJ Maxx!! And Madden looks super cute as a nice dragon. :) I hope you all have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you are just too cute and sweet!! Now we seriously need to meet up! I'm in Des Moines. So. Stinkin. Close. Have a great weekend lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum!!!
    I have heard etsy has some cute ones but I haven't bought any yet. I'd like to get some too. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Check Three Birds Nest or make your own by cutting the sleeves off of an old sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) have a great weekend. Loveee the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live everything about this post...your aforable dragon, the color scheme, the buffalo chicken soup (my hubby loves ANYTHING buffalo chicken), the boot socks... Have a great weekend Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man that soup sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never thought about crock pot gator tot casserole! I need to do this STAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see your family pics! I think a red color scheme will look great! We took our family pics last night! It's always SO hard for me to pick out coordinating outfits for all! :) That casserole looks delish! Might have to try that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable costume!
    Love the color scheme you picked out for pictures! Works perfectly for a Fall feel and for Christmas cards as well!
    I have seen cute boot cuffs at DSW -- there is also an online store 3 bird nest (love their stuff!) TJ Maxx and Marshall's (in omaha) have had some lately too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool stuff, Everyone should adopt this offer. http://desertleather.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool stuff, Everyone should adopt this offer. http://desertleather.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. where did you get those boots? And Tater Tot Casserole is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw these on Shark Tank and loved them! I have yet to buy a pair though. https://www.graceandlace.com/fall/the-nellie-knit/

    ReplyDelete
  16. jane.com for the leggings. I want the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  17. you could use an old chunky sweater for the warmers. repurpose it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I bought two pair of cable-knit leg warmers last fall at TJ Maxx for $5 a pair!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can find really cute ones and a great variety on etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Where did you get those cute boots?
    ashleighbravo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Where are the boots from?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks For Sharing Such An Interesting Article, It Is Really Worthy To Read. I Have Subscribed To You And From Now On I'll Check Your Profile Daily For Interesting Stuffs. Captain America's Leather

    ReplyDelete