Email me

Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Recap

Is it really already Monday??  How is that possible?  This last weekend literally flew by and ours was four days long!  Whew.  Either time is going faster the older we get or we are just slowing down with our old age which makes time seem to go faster.  I don't know which one it is, but either way, Monday is back and to be honest, I'm glad!  I don't know what it is about Mondays, but they just make me happy.  We have a pretty strict schedule during the week which I kind of thrive on.  Nothing makes me happier than starting Monday morning with a great sweat session, stocking the fridge with all fresh produce for the week and getting back to eating our regular meals.  Starting fresh, and it feels so good!

Now, onto the good stuff...our weekend shenanigans!  I told you all that I would fill you in on our trip up North with a lot of pictures, so I did my best to snap a few here and there whenever I would think about it!  That said, there might be a few randoms thrown in the mix, but they all make up the fun-filled weekend that we had!  Anyway, without further ado, our weekend in a nutshell pictures:


We started the trip on Thursday with snow and ice falling down on us, so coffee was a necessity to keep me warm and awake! 
I don't know what it is about road trips and Hot Tamales, but for me, they go hand in hand...essential road snack!

This is what we drove in for 3 hours straight.  In the middle. of. April.  Enough said.

It kept getting worse and worse.  Absolutely disgusting.

Because of the snowstorm, the rehearsal was cancelled on Thursday night, so we just headed over to the bride and groom's new house for pizza, wine and beer.  I kept it casual with my Jessica Simpson black jeggings, a simple (similar here): grey cardigan, and a springy (similar here): floral print scarf.

Before we headed over to the couple's house, we made a pit stop for free happy hour in our hotel's honors club for a quick cocktail...my drink of choice: vodka-soda with LOTS of limes!
 *Now, I must preface these next pictures with a recap of what I did not snap pictures of...Friday morning A and I headed to Mall of America for some shopping and then to Ikea to top the afternoon off!  I was completely enthralled in all of my shopping that I forgot to take a single picture.  HUGE FAIL on my part!  Needless to say, we had some major luck at Nordstrom Rack, H&M and of course, quite a few home goods from Ikea.  Man, I love that place!  Ahem...back to the good stuff...
After a day of shopping, we had rehearsal at this beautiful church.  Absolutely stunning and full of history.


More of the gorgeous church.

About an hour into rehearsal, I found myself checking my watch because I was bored. out. of. my. mind.  Thinking it was 5 o'clock somewhere and I needed a cocktail! Kate Spade Watch similar here.   


I did remember to snap a picture of myself before we headed out the door!  I had originally planned on wearing a dress, but with the snow still coming down, I settled for this little number.  It is all old, no longer sold in stores, but you can find this similar look (blouse, leggings, jacket and necklace) all at Forever 21 and boots (similar to these) at DSW.

Saturday morning started out (while A was off doing all things wedding related being an usher and all) with a great sweat sesh on the treadmill...
followed by this AMAZING (my first ever room service experience) cobb salad and diet coke. 

And then the moment of truth came with the dress I had told you all about that I bought two days prior to the wedding at Target.  All I have to say is O.M.G. It fit like a glove (I'm in a size XS here) and I got SO many compliments on it.  And honestly, nobody would believe me when I told them where I got it.  Best purchase in a very long time.  All this for $24.99 y'all.  (Besides the added belt and heels; all which are old)

Peplum + Stripe love.

Only picture I caught of the bride and groom.  Sad story.

A and I.  True story: This is the first picture of just him and I in about a year and a half.  So sad, but that's real world when you have a toddler!

Our centerpiece at our table.  The wedding was a beautiful combination of tulips, navy and coral.  A perfect springtime combo if you ask me!


Then came the ride home on Sunday morning.  And I kid you not, although you cannot see the license plate, but it (clear as day) says our last name.  And they are from Nebraska.  What are the chances of that? 
 All in all, we had a fantastic weekend.  A and I reconnected with some much needed alone time, as I felt like we were teenagers all over again the entire time.  Definitely need to do that more often!  Hope you all had a great weekend as well!

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment