Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Day in the Life...

First off, before I begin my scheduled post, I wanted to address the tragic event that occurred in Boston yesterday. My heart goes out to all of the families that lost loved ones or suffered injuries from the horrible explosions. A tragedy such as this makes me realize that I should not take anything for granted and live life to the fullest. Life is too short, and you never know what tomorrow might bring. I am definitely hugging my loved ones a little tighter and thanking God for everything He has blessed me with

It's events such as this, that make you realize that no matter how much bad there is, there is always more good!
Alrighty, back to the post I had promised you yesterday...because I really believe we all need some happiness right about now :)

Now that you all kind of have an idea as to who I am, my background, etc., I decided to give you a typical "Day in the Life of Jenna Rae." What the heck goes on in my little neck of the woods? Not everyday is the same, but this is what an average day will bring around here...

5:45 a.m.: My alarm goes off and my day begins. I trudge into the bathroom, past the still snoozing husband, and put on my workout clothes that I laid out the night before. Slap on some deodorant, brush my teeth, kiss A good morning and tell him to have a great day, because I won't see him again until around 8:00 at night. I head downstairs, set out A's lunch that I packed the night before, grab a water and head to the basement to start the cardio part of my workout.

6:00 a.m.: Hop on the elliptical, set the time for 30 minutes, turn on the t.v. and catch up on my DVR'd shows while I bust out a sweat. I do intervals, the "mix 3" setting, or a consistent stride and pull/push, every few days. This helps me to change things up so my muscles don't get used to the same thing everyday! I finish up with some ab work of some sort and then some stretching.

7:00 a.m.: Head back upstairs, lay out M's breakfast (typically a pb&j toast, sliced fruit, or cereal of some sort), and then head up to wake the monster that is my son in the mornings!! I wrestle with dress M, take him to the potty, brush his teeth, spike his hair and then we head down to the living room. We turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, (don't judge me...yes I am that Mom that lets her child watch t.v. while he eats in the morning!) and he eats his breakfast, all which we do to help him come out of his a coma!
Don't let this picture fool you...I was lucky to crack a smile out of this kid on a school day!
8:00 a.m.: Packed up in the car, and on our way to Preschool where we blast the Toddler Tunes station on Pandora to help him wake up even more, so he isn't a bear when he gets to school! I'm pretty sure I know every single word to every single song by heart now and it stays in my head alllllll day long! What we do for our children, I swear!

8:15 a.m.: M is dropped off in his classroom (school starts at 8:30) and I am on my way to relax cram as much stuff as possible into the next three hours until I have to pick him back up!

8:30 a.m.: I arrive at the gym to bust out my weight training and to do a bit of socializing with my Mommy friends. (The only adult contact I have all day long!)

9:30 a.m.: Run errands, unload dishwasher, do laundry, light cleaning, shower, try to make myself presentable and of course sneak in my first cup of coffee for the day!
My attempt at actually doing something with myself other than my yoga pants!
11:30 a.m.: Pick up M from school, and head back home.

12:00 p.m.: Lunch time! I try to change it up for the little guy so he doesn't get bored...if it's nice out, we will eat our lunch outside, but it's been so flippin' cold up in these parts that typically we do a "picnic" (a blanket spread out on the floor) in the living room.

12:30-2:00 p.m.: This is the time of day where I try to be the most creative with M. If it ever gets nice out, we will go for a walk to the park (which is just a couple blocks away), play with sidewalk chalk or bubbles, or just run around in the backyard. When it's just being typical NE and the temperature doesn't get above 40 degrees in the middle of April, we will do finger paints, color, bake cookies, do puzzles, play with playdough, or play with his toys. It all depends on the day, but no two days are ever the same!
Winter coats in mid-April...For real?!!!
2:00-4:30 p.m.: NAPTIME!!!! This is when I take time for myself. I grab myself an iced coffee, a snack and catch up on facebook, instagram, pinterest, emails, and now that I'm a blogger, I whip up my daily post!

4:30-5:30 p.m.: M wakes up, has a light snack of fruit or veggies (since dinner is a mere hour away!), watches one episode of Mickey or Dora, while I start to prepare dinner. After his show is done, he plays by himself or "helps" me finish dinner.

5:30-7:15 p.m.: We sit down and eat dinner together because A doesn't get home usually until after M is in bed for the night. After M hoards his food under the table and in every crevice or opening in his body is finished eating, we wash up and start to unwind for the night. This typically includes reading a few books, playing with a few toys or just running around the house to get his last burst of energy out for the day.  

7:15-7:45 p.m.: Night time routine...Bath, jammies, teeth brushed, two stories read, then lights out for the little man as I tuck him in and he repeats these three things to me: "Night, night. I love you. Sweet dreams." Melts my heart every night!...such a rough life at age two! ;)

8:00-9:30 p.m.: A usually gets home around 8, then I warm up his dinner, sit with him and talk about his day I ramble on about my day as he probably drowns me out while catching up on SportsCenter...I don't even care at that point; as long as I have an adult to listen to me, that's all that matters! We head up to bed about 9:00, I lay out our clothes, wash my face, brush my teeth, we catch up on an episode on our DVR (Modern Family, Duck Dynasty, Chopped, Shark Tank; classy I know!) and then lights out for us if we don't fall asleep mid-episode! All to wake up and do it again the next day!

So that's it! A day in the life of me...probably boring to all of you, but this is me. This is my life. And you know something? I wouldn't change a thing!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment