Email me

Friday, April 12, 2013

Fact Filled Friday


Happy Friday, everyone!

So I wanted to do something a little different today, and steer off the story telling course for just a bit.  Some of the blogs that I follow have different themed days of the week.  They are some of my favorite posts and I always love reading them because they help you get to know the writer on a more personal level.  Hence, the beginning of my Friday series titled:  "Fact Filled Friday!"

The whole point of this series is to give you random thoughts, information, and just down right quirky tidbits about my life that I wouldn't take the time to dedicate a whole post to!  So, without further ado, I give you {Fact Filled Friday - 1st Edition}...

Fact:

  • It is literally 33 degrees here today.  Seriously.  Where the heck is Spring, Mother Nature??!!  We had a few beautiful 70 degree days last week and then all of a sudden it decides to snow 4 inches and drop below the freezing mark.  I am officially over it!! 
  • Since Friday is technically my "deep clean the house day," I found this next fact suitable:  I have a love/hate relationship with cleaning.  I love the feeling and smell of a freshly cleaned house, but I hate the process of making it that way; especially with a sticky fingered toddler running around, undoing everything I've just done! 
  • I have to sleep with the ceiling fan on at night.  "A" hates it, but I seriously can't fall asleep without it running.  It doesn't matter if it is 20 below outside, I will still turn it on.  Am I the only one who does this?  I hope not, because I really would like to prove "A" wrong!
  • Sometimes my dryer runs about three times a day, from only one load of laundry.  I can't help it if I don't feel like folding those clothes the second that machine sings me its "pretty" song telling me they are dry.  I will just toodle myself back in there, push the "start" button again, and when I'm ready, I will fold them!  Again, I hope I'm not the only one who does this...
  • "M" and I have been living off of PB&J and turkey sandwiches for the last three days.  "A" has been out of town for work, so that means I don't cook when he's gone.  "M" doesn't care what I give him; the kid pretty much eats everything.  Sooooo, I choose to be lazy when "A" is gone and that's usually our meal plan ;)
  • My biggest weakness is mexican food.  If it's up to me where to eat, I choose mexican every time.  There's just something about chips and salsa, gooey enchiladas, tacos and margaritas that get my mouth watering.  Is it 5:00, yet????
  • I lay out my workout clothes, "A's" suit, shirt and tie, and "M's" school clothes every night.  For as long as I can remember, I've always laid out my clothes for the next day.  It's just one less thing to think about when my mind is too groggy to think at 6 a.m. everyday!
  • My sweet tooth hit yesterday afternoon so I made a pan (9x13) of Oreo filled brownies.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that I ate half the pan.  Granted, it wasn't all in one sitting, but by 10:00 last night, when I went to bed, they were half gone.  Do I feel guilty?  Yes and no.  I don't want to know how many calories I just put into my mouth, but gosh dangit!  Moody Mother Nature made me do it!  It's just so gloomy outside, and those brownies just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!  Sorry, I'm not sorry!
So that about does it for the first edition of Fact Filled Fridays!  I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better after this, because I had a lot of fun laying it all out there for you all ;)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment