Email me

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

This is Me (Part 2)

Welcome back! If you missed part one of this post you can read that in my previous post.

But now, it's time to continue...

(Just a little bit of information for future reference: instead of always referring to him as "our son" I am now going to refer to him as "M". His real name is Madden; not named after the football game or John Madden, it is actually from Steve Madden shoes...I know you all were wondering ;) And instead of referring to him as "my husband" I am now going to refer to him as "A". His real name is Aaron. This will make things a lot easier on me, and hopefully make you feel as though you know us a little better!)

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah...
Our Wedding Day - June 2008
Where has life taken me since my married life began nearly five years ago? Well "A" and I have lived in six different "homes" and three different states since we became husband and wife. It is only within the last year and a half that we bought our first house and finally settled down back in our home state of Nebraska. I had always wanted to live close to my family so that "M" could grow up knowing his grandparents and cousins. Even though we still live about an hour and a half away from them now, it is definitely better than the 5+ hours we were away from them before coming back!

Our life is here now. I feel at home here. When looking at houses when we moved back, we knew we wanted something we could raise our family in. This house is just that. It has five bedrooms and a big backyard. In fact, the local elementary school is literally two blocks from our front door...if that doesn't scream family friendly, I don't know what does! I know we only have one child now, but ultimately we would like one more. "A" and I both come from families of three kids, so we know the value of siblings. Are multiple children for everyone? Maybe not, but we definitely would like to give "M" a little brother or sister.  
This is Home.
Did I ever think my life would be where it is right now? Absolutely not. In fact, when "A" and I got married, we had this grand plan that we wanted to wait five years to have kids. Well, we know how that worked out! God had other plans for us, and even though "M" wasn't planned, per say, I can't imagine life without him! I remember finding out I was pregnant and thinking "Are you kidding me? This can't be happening! "A" is going to kill me!" I just laugh at that now.  

I think the main reason I was freaked out was because I was like any other woman that ever found out they were pregnant. My first thought was "what is this going to do to my body?!" I know it sounds selfish, believe me, I really do. But what you need to realize is where I had come from. The hell I had just been through to get my body to where it was at that point and time. I was in the best shape of my life, but it had taken me over a year and about 40 pounds worth of blood, sweat and tears to get there...

Tune in tomorrow for the beginning of my fitness journey; where I began, and where I was when I first saw that pink plus sign on that stick... 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment