Anyway, with it being Hump Day and all, I've decided to say so what and link up with a crazy awesome Mama - Shannon, over at Life after I Dew for her "So What Wednesday" Link-up...because it's just one of those days, you know??
- If I hit my snooze button not once, not twice, not even three times, but FOUR times this morning, y'all. No joke. You see, I set it 10 minutes earlier than I normally do, so in my foggy, sleepy brain I guess I was justifying the snooze hitting...I would just tell myself every time it would go off "oh, well if I hit it one more time it will be like I'm getting up when I normally do when it goes off next time..." but the cycle kept going. And going. And going. Lesson learned!
- If I am on my third cup of coffee this morning and it's only 10:30. You guys, I'm not kidding you when I say being a single Mama while the hubs is away on work, for the THIRD week in a row is down right exhausting! I am on my last straw by the time 5:30 rolls around so the rest of our night usually goes something like this: M:"Mama, can I have a possicle (aka popsicle) for dinner" Me: "sure. I don't care. go grab it and bring me the scissors." Ok, I'm totally kidding about him bringing me the scissors, but the thought has definitely crossed my mind. I only have to make it through one more day. Just one more day...I can do it!!
- If it's the hub's birthday today but we won't even get to see him. This one is actually kind of depressing. We try to do birthdays BIG up in here, but he is SOL on this one. Because, you know, it's just not as fun to celebrate your day of birth on a random Thursday night. But he will have cards, hand drawn artwork from the little guy and balloons waiting for him when he gets home at midnight tonight...all the while we will both be tucked away for the night, cozy in our beds. Sorry honey. I love you and all, but I don't think I could force myself to stay awake past 10:00 no matter what night it is...I should at least get an "A" for effort, right??
Happy 28th Birthday babe!
- If I hit up Target's "Dollar Spot" last week and totally raked in some AMAZING fall decor for all a buck a piece! Seriously y'all. If you have any area of your little casa that needs a burst of Fall, check them out. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!
- If my two and a half year old still sleeps in his crib. He hasn't tried to EVER climb out of that sucker, so it's like a mini cage that he is forced to stay in until someone goes to retrieve him. But, sadly, that will be coming to an end this weekend. We are finally biting the bullet and setting up his "Big Boy Bed". We went out and bought his bedding on Monday, and he is over the moon excited about it. I, on the other hand, am having my doubts. I am just not ready for him to be out of his crib because that means the last bit of baby is being taken away...and, the main, most selfish reason is because I like me some sleep. And with him having free reign with no bars to keep him caged in, I have a feeling this mama might be woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of toddler feet running down the hall. Lord help me!
Well, my dears, that's about all I have for today! How many times do you hit the snooze button? Any great birthday ideas for the hubs? Any tips on keeping your little ones in their "big kid beds?" What are you saying so what to??