Email me

Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekend Recap

Monday, oh Monday.  After a jam packed weekend, I'm actually kind of glad to see you...although I am on my third iced coffee for the day!  Whoops...

I don't know how it is possible that those three days (yes I realize that the weekend is actually only two days long, but in our house, Friday is the official kick-off to the weekend, so I count that day too ;) can fly by so quickly!

Here's what went down in our neck of the woods this past weekend:

Friday morning, while I was getting my butt kicked at the gym I got a text from the hubs telling me that our good friends had their baby that morning, two weeks early...they left the gender a surprise, and we all thought it was going to be a boy...welp, little baby Ellen Lucille was a complete surprise to us all!  So, we made plans to go and visit them after dinner Friday night.

Well, a friend having a baby is just my excuse to go shopping, so M and I headed to the mall that afternoon and we I had a blast picking out the most adorable little girly outfits for her.  This is why I am  glad the hubs is fortunate that we don't have a girl.  I wouldn't know where to stop.  Remember how on Friday I divulged my love for Old Navy?  Well, they didn't fail me with baby stuff either.  Here are a few of the adorable items I scooped up for her:
Crochet Trim Slub Weave Top found here

Lemon Yellow Polka Dot Tutu One Piece Swimsuit found here
Eyelet Sun Hat found here
Lace Trim Smocked Dress found here
Floral Bubble One-Piece found here

Lace Bloomers found here

Ruffle butt Watermelon one piece found here

Aren't you absolutely just dying over the cuteness???  I always thought that if I had a girl I would put her in all things pink, but the ultra feminine polka dots and lace won me over!

Anyway, we headed to dinner when A got home from work that night, then headed straight to the hospital after that.  I couldn't wait to snuggle on a tiny peanut again, as it has been almost a year since any of my friends or family have had little ones...Unfortunately I didn't get any pics at the hospital as I was scared to ask her Mommy if I could use the pics on this 'ol bloggy blog, so I just decided against any pictures at all.  I did snap these pics of my two men as we were heading in to see her:

Like Daddy, like son...
We finished up the night with half price Sonic shakes on our way home...and let me say, I'm a shake/malt lover, and boy oh boy did Sonic step up their game in that department!  SOOOOO many yummy flavors and combinations that it will take me all summer to try them all!

Saturday was a rainy, gloomy, yucky day, so I baked up my favorite cookie bars and meal planned for the week (More on that menu tomorrow) and finished up birthday shopping for our niece that just turned 12.  Perfume and a couple cute "Tween" tops from Justice and we were good to go!

Saturday night Barnum and Bailey's and Ringling Brother's Circus was in town and we had A's bosses' Suite tickets so M got to enjoy his first ever circus!  I haven't been to the circus since I was about 10, so it was actually a lot of fun to feel like a kid again seeing the tigers, elephants, tight rope walkers and clowns...M really enjoyed it too, and was in high heaven when the elephants came out!


Sunday was church, brunch, a family bike ride and dinner with friends for cheeseburgers and french fries, then home for the night...

All in all it was a fun filled weekend, packed with great memory making events.  It's these little things that make life worth living and make me love my little family that much more!

I hope you all had just as much fun as we did this weekend!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment