Email me

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Time I Actually Meal Planned.

There is nothing worse than eating your child's Mickey Mouse Chicken Nuggets and Spongebob Kraft Mac and Cheese for dinner three nights in one week, because you don't have a single thing in your fridge or cupboard that isn't cartoon character related.  But I must admit, I've been stuck in a rut with our dinner menu.

So Sunday night, as we were winding down for the night, I sat down, browsed my Pinterest "Yummy" board for some inspiration for meal ideas and away I went!!  I literally clicked on one recipe, which led me to a whole bunch of other ideas for the week...don't you love when that happens??  It's like hitting the Pinterest Jackpot!  I am now addicted to this website: Spry Living.  So many great, healthy, yet easy recipes.  I will definitely be going back for more!

I really wanted to change things up, but also keep them light and easy since the last thing I want this time of year is to be cooped up, slaving over the stove or oven when it is too beautiful to not be outside!  I also wanted meals that wouldn't weigh me down, leaving me feeling like a stuffed chicken, when I know I will have to be chasing my son around the yard or the park afterwards!

So, here is what I came up with, and I must admit, if last night's meal is any indication as to how good the rest of the week is going to be, we are in for a real treat!

*Note, I am making these recipes as simple as possible by using pre-minced items when possible, just to save on time!

These were literally so easy to whip up, and the hubs absolutely LOVED them!


Wednesday:  Summer Vegetable Stew (I'm doing this in the crockpot because Wednesdays are our crazy busy days)



So that's what's on the menu for this week!  I hope that I may have inspired you to do a little meal planning as well, to take the stress of "what's for dinner?" off your plate!

Do you have any recipes that are your family's faves?  I am always looking for new and easy meals to whip up for my guys, and I would love to hear what you and your family love! 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment