Email me

Monday, July 15, 2013

Let's Rewind...

Man, oh man, Monday we meet again...This weekend literally flew by and all I've had time to do is the mountains of laundry, stock up on groceries and necessities from Costco and rid the fridge of all the food that went bad while we were out of town the last four days.  Holy smokes, it never ends around here!  That is why I am thankful for somewhat of a slow week before the craziness that ensues this weekend!

Anyway, to get myself back on track, I figured I would do a little rewind of what happened this past "long" weekend, as I was M.I.A. on Friday!

Thursday morning, bright and early, I woke up around 4:30, in order to get a workout in before we headed back to my hometown for a little "Platte County Fair" action.  Madden and I (Aaron left for Chicago on Thursday for work, so it was just the two of us) were on the road at 7:00 a.m. sharp, jamming out to our fave country music, with a little coffee in hand for me and a juice box for M...
Someone looks a lil seepy ;)
We spent the day with my family watching a sheep show (yes, it is exactly how you would picture it, if you aren't familiar with the whole "4-H" scene...)
No, I don't know who these kids are...I just had to show you what a sheep show looked like!
We ate some delicious fair food...
His first Dippin Dots experience...Love.
You can't go to the fair and not get a funnel cake.
Amazing BBQ nachos
Checked out Madden's prize winning flowers...
Grammy entered some flowers for him from her garden...proud Grammy and proud Madden :)
Then called it a night after it was a "no-nap" day for little guy...up for 14 hours straight makes for an awesome time, let me tell ya!
No, this obviously isn't Madden, but this pretty much sums it up!
Friday morning was the perfect morning for a beautiful early country "back roads" run.  I just love being able to hit the gravel and run with nothing around me but cornfields, hay bales and pastures for miles!
Then, we headed back to the fair where we watched a cattle show all day long...
Can you picture me doing this about 15 years ago??
Followed by my parents taking M back home with them for the night while I headed out with my little sister for a night of one-on-one time with her and a few too many drinks in the oh-so-classy beer garden...Let's just say, I ended the night by snarfing down THE BEST taco truck quesadilla I have ever had at around 2 a.m.  Classy, right???
Trust me.  It was legit.
Saturday morning we slept in warded off our hangovers before getting ready to do my first bridesmaid dress fitting for my sister's wedding which is in October.  We also had to pick up M's tux for his first ever ring bearer role for my cousin's wedding this upcoming weekend!  We followed that up with lunch, before M and I headed back to Omaha.
He was so proud of himself.  Kept saying "I 'rook rike' Daddy!"
Saturday night the hubs and I had a wedding for his co-worker's daughter, which was ok, except the best part of the night was when we headed back to his boss's house (we carpooled with them to the wedding) for some cards and wine...like three bottle of wine between the four of us in under two hours...whoops!

Needless to say, Sunday morning we slept in until after 9:30, and M didn't wake until 10:30!!  We hung out all day, before we headed over to a friend's house for dinner and drinks on their deck while the kiddos played in the backyard.  A great ending to a chaotic last few days.  But I am so ready to get back to normal around here...you know how I love me a good routine!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Great blog!
    http://closertotheedge1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so cute in his tie! Sounds like y'all had a busy yet fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This looks like the little town I live in, in Florida!! Cows, fields, gorgeous sunsets over acres and acres of farm land, and fatty foods--LOL! Madden is such a cutie, Jenna!! Do you believe in arranged marriages? hehe.

    ReplyDelete