Email me

Monday, August 19, 2013

Let's Rewind

Another weekend has come and gone...and, as it always does, Monday has reared its ugly head once again.  I can't complain, though, because the weekend was jam packed with activities.

Let's rewind what went down these last few days...

Friday night called for a babysitter for the "little" as Mommy and Daddy headed out on the town with some friends to celebrate one of our good friend's birthday.  This meant Mommy had herself a few too many lemon drop martinis as it had been a long time since I had been out sans child!
After dinner, we capped the night off with dessert drinks where I sipped on a coconut cream pie martini topped off with a toasted coconut marshmallow and whipped cream.  It probably contained 1000 calories, but it was worth every.single.one.  Sooooo yummy!

Saturday morning left me with a throbbing headache, as I realized that I'm not 21 anymore, therefore cannot party like one...but, I've found the best way for me to cure my hangover is to go for a nice long run to sweat out every last ounce of alcohol left in my system.  So, I did just that with a 10 mile run around a lake near our house.  And wouldn't you know it, I felt 100 times better when I got home, had my cup of coffee and some greek yogurt with blueberries and honey and I was good to go...

Saturday lunch was time spent with my Mom and Sis as they came into town to work on some wedding details, so we had lunch at a little cafe, spent an hour together doing some shopping before I had to head home to get ready for our friends' daughter's 1st birthday party!
The party was a lot of fun because the weather was gorgeous, Madden burned off tons of energy playing in the bounce house they had set up, and he was able to run around with his friends...only downside was the party was right at nap time which we weren't too concerned about until he had a major meltdown around 4:00...we knew right then and there that was our sign that it was time to peace out.

Then it was home for naps, before we packed back up and headed over to a friend's house for dinner and drinks.  Where we consumed large amounts of smoked ribs, chicken and shrimp, fresh mojitos and my all-time favorite treat of the summer: s'mores around the fire pit.  It was the perfect ending to a busy day.
Sunday morning was pretty laid back as we enjoyed our coffee while watching the news and the little guy ran around in his underwear playing with his new favorite friend:  a baby boy doll he has appropriately named "Hannah".  Any and all babies are named this after the little girl's birthday party we went to on Saturday afternoon.  She is the only "baby" he knows, hence every baby being known as Hannah.
We then helped the hubs finish packing as he is off to San Diego for work until Wednesday. We said our good-byes, then ate lunch, packed up and Madden and I went and ran a few errands to break up the afternoon and to get some last minute necessities...I mean, who doesn't love going to Target or Wal-Mart on a Sunday afternoon?? 
Excuse the wrinkled forehead and cheesy smile...just focus on the cutie in the background!
Sunday night was spent mowing, laundry, a quick run to grab a bite to eat (because when Daddy's gone, this Mommy doesn't cook!!) and lots and lots of packing:
Yes, that is all mine.  My poor guest bedroom has been transformed into my packing station.
What's that you say?  Packing, again?  Yep.  I'm going on another trip.  Tuesday morning I'm off with a girlfriend to Phoenix where our husbands (who work in the same office) are then meeting us on Wednesday night when they are finished with their conference in CA to spend a few days relaxing, hanging by the pool, some lake time and eating and drinking until we can't anymore.  No kiddos, no work, no responsibilities until we get back Sunday morning.  That said, I will be MIA around these parts after tomorrow.  And I couldn't be happier :D

Whew!!  What a weekend!  I hope you had just as much fun as we did.  

Well, let's get this show on the road...and show Monday who's boss.  Have a great one, y'all!!

Until next time...


6 comments:

  1. Ahh! I just got caught up on your blog. Now you have to write every single day so that I have something to read! ;)
    That's awesome you ran 10 miles after drinking the night before, I would not have even attempted to run! Ha ha! Are you training for anything or just run? How many times per week do you run?
    Have an awesome vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I need a dose of your energy!! Sounds like a fun weekend... enjoy your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Coconut Cream Pie Martini sounds to die for. I love the actual pie though so anything with that name has to be good. How are you not exhausted after this weekend? I am exhausted just reading all you did. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an awesome weekend! Glad you got to have some drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope you have a great trip lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember if I already told you or not, but I LOVE the new look! Enjoy your trip...sounds fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete