Email me

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Being Grateful.

Well hello there my friends!  First off, I want to send a huge THANK YOU to all of you that gave suggestions and ideas yesterday for games, drinks, and food ideas for my sister's bachelorette this weekend!  I am not kidding you when I say you made my life 100 times easier!!  I cannot thank y'all enough!  I think I now have a game plan for the night...and it's going to be a blast (if I do say so myself!)

Now...to turn the page and focus on the topic for today's post: Being Grateful.  I had a whole other post ready for today, but when I read Brin's post over at Bold Butter Baby, something just hit me...and I sat down to just pour out my heart on here this morning.

So much of my life lately has been focused on one thing: having another baby.  It has literally consumed my life and it is by far the most stressful and physically exhausting thing I have ever gone through.  And, when I finally took a step back, relaxed and examined my life this past week while on vacation, I realized I just need to let go.  I need to stop obsessing over every month.  I need to relax and focus on the most important things in my life.  The people in my life that I make me who I am.

My two boys.  My husband and my son.  They are here right now.  They love me more than I ever could ask for and I am truly blessed to call them mine.  Together we are a family and that is all I could ever want.  Would I like another child?  Of course.  But what I do have is more important than anything else.

I have a loving husband who works extra hard to provide for our family.  It's because of his determination and work ethic that I am able to stay home and care for our son everyday and to take care of all of the household responsibilities.  He gives me a kiss and tells me to have a great day every morning before he leaves for work at 6:30 in the morning.  And as soon as he walks through the door (sometimes as late as 8:30 at night) the first thing he does is give me a kiss and hug and tells me that he loves me.  He thanks me regularly for all that I do for the family and supports me in all of my decisions.  I couldn't ask for anything more.  He was my first love (at the ripe old age of 15) and my only love.  I can't imagine my life without him.  So for him, I am grateful.
I have a little man who is my everything.  He is my heart and soul.  You never quite know this type of love until you have a child.  He tells me he loves me everyday.  He makes me laugh at least 50 times per day.  And I am truly amazed at how smart he is even at the young age of 2 1/2.  His hug and kiss coming from his sleepy head are the best part about my morning.  And him wanting to "rock a rittle bit" after reading a story is the best part about my night.  I would do anything for that boy.  I couldn't ask for more in a child.  So for him, I am grateful.
Now honestly, I didn't mean to get all mushy and gushy on this post today, but I just had a little wake up call this morning and it was exactly what I needed.  I need to focus on the here and now.  I need not take what I do have for granted.  Whatever will be, will be.  And if God decides to bless us with another little life, we will be eternally grateful.  But if that's not in His plans, then I couldn't ask for anything more.  I love my life and the people that are in it.  I need to stop being greedy and be thankful for what I have.

What are you grateful for?

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. With you I am grateful for my boys. My husband that works his tale off to come home and work even harder. My 7yr old for his funny antics and sweet self. When I wear dresses he tells me I look beautiful. Too my 2 month old. His coos and smiles melt my heart every single day. I like this post, sometimes we all need a reality check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what I neede today! I have a hard time focusing on what, I do have instead of what I dont so thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!

    www.crystalmichellesmess.com

    ReplyDelete