Email me

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Hey there Hump Day!  For some reason, I secretly love Wednesdays...I don't know if it's because it means we are halfway through the week, or the fact that we are closer to Friday than we were two days ago?  Whatever the reason, I am just so happy to be here!

Now since I brought the old blog back last Thursday, I missed out on another one of my favorite link-ups, "What's Up Wednesday" so I figured I would bring it back today...just a few days late ;)

We get to answer these fun, random questions that I love, because as I mentioned a few days ago, I'm nosy and I enjoy reading these quirky things about people...even if it seems monotonous, I find it interesting! So here are the questions I will be answering:

1.) What we're eating this week...

Monday - Chicken Tortilla Soup
Being that it's winter, we love ourselves some soup!  And when it's made in the crockpot, it's even better because that means after a little bit of prep, it's ready when we walk in the door!

Tuesday - Venison Meatballs over sweet potato mash
We received some ground venison from our good friend who loves to deer hunt, a few weeks ago, so we are putting that to good use by making a family fave!

Wednesday - Blackened Salmon and roasted broccoli
One of our all time favorite meals is salmon...and even though this version isn't the kiddo's fave because it's a little spicy, they will still eat it, but I usually end up making pb&j for them after they've only taken a few bites :D

Thursday - Aaron is out of town, so I got a babysitter and am meeting up with some girlfriends for a sushi night!  Jimmy Johns will be feeding my boys that night ;)

Friday - Since Aaron doesn't get back until late, the boys and I will probably just heat up some of the leftovers from earlier in the week!

Saturday - Date night!! Holla!! The boys will be getting pizza delivered...

Sunday - Super Bowl Sunday!  And unfortunately Aaron leaves again for the week that afternoon, so it will probably be cereal/mac and cheese/sandwiches...I get really creative when it's just me and the boys! Ha!

2.) What I'm Reminiscing about...

Our family ski trip to Park City, Utah last month...I don't ski, but Madden and Aaron have a blast, and this mama doesn't mind some shopping/spa/eating alone time :)

3.)  What I'm Loving...

Ok, I am not just loving, but am OBSESSED with  "This is Us" on NBC.  Anybody else addicted like I am???  Holy cryfest.  I literally do not make it through an episode without shedding at least a few tears.  So, so, so good!

4.)  What we've been up to...

Well this time of year is just cold, grey and flat out gross.  Plus, it doesn't help that there is nothing to look forward to, so we have been hermits and literally staying home and soaking up some family time.  And honestly, after the holidays and whirlwind of December, I'm quite ok with that!

5.)  What I'm working on...

I am currently working on Madden's Valentine's box for his school party!  We were sent home a note from his teacher to 'be creative' and if I know the other moms in his class, that means it will be a battle of who finds the best idea on Pinterest.  So I searched for a couple hours (no joke) the other day, and I think we found a winner.  But I will save the big reveal for the day of his party.  He's pretty excited about what we have up our sleeve, so that's all that matters!

6.)  What I'm dreading...

If I'm being honest, my annual exam.  It falls in February every year, and it doesn't matter how much older I get, I feel like a kid the night before a test...I mean, I love my doctor, but there's just something about that exam that sends chills down my spine.  Please tell me I'm not alone!

7.)  What I'm excited about...

We are headed out on a cruise over President's Day!  I've never been on a cruise before, so I am stupid excited about it.  That said, I literally have no swim suits that fit me right (thank you breastfeeding) so I need to do some major shopping to find some that fit correctly.  Nothing worse than trying to make a pancake look presentable.

8.)  What I'm Watching/Reading...

Well, considering that I'm not a big reader, I'm currently not reading anything at the moment...but I need some suggestions for good "poolside" reads.  Let me know what I should be reading!
Now, as for watching, I have so much on my DVR it's ridiculous. But, one show on Netflix that I never watched, but am totally addicted to now is Parenthood!!  #cantstopwontstop #teambraverman

9.)  What I'm Listening to...

I am slightly embarrassed to admit this, but the "Sing" soundtrack is currently playing on my computer as I type this...#momlife

10.)  What I'm Wearing...

All the layers.  Because seriously you guys, I will go from hotter than hot, so one minute I will be in a tank top, to freezing cold so I will put on a sweatshirt and a cozy robe.  Is it too early for menopause??

11.)  What I'm doing this weekend...

Well, like I said above, Aaron is out of town until Friday night, and then leaving again on Sunday, so we are soaking up some family time on Saturday, by hitting up the children's museum with the boys during the day, and then a little adult time with a date night that night.  Sunday will be church and brunch before Aaron heads out again.  :(

12.)  What I'm looking forward to next month...

Ok, I was about to say our cruise, but today is February 1st, so that would mean our cruise is this month!  That said, next month is March, and my birthday is in March...and I'm one of those crazy psychos who has a birth-month, not just one day, so I will be celebrating all month long ;)

13.)  What else is new...

This isn't technically new, but since being back here, it is new to you all!  We are officially diaper free in this house, as of last month!  Linden was potty trained in October, but #2 was still an issue...well, all of a sudden it just clicked for him, so shortly before Christmas he no longer needed a diaper!  Yes, we still sleep in a pull up, but this mama will never buy diapers ever again!  Yes, it's bittersweet, but I couldn't be happier!

5 comments:

  1. love these posts!! ...especially the meal plan!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! I am so glad you stopped by! And thank you! I'm not always very creative with my meal plan, but every once in awhile I become inspired, so I appreciate you noticing! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I just checked and saw that you were back blogging! Yay! I truly enjoy your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless your heart! Thank you so much!! I came back for sweethearts like you...I truly missed it! Cheers to a fantastic week! :)

      Delete