Email me

Monday, February 6, 2017

Weekend Rewind

Well if I didn't know any better, I would truly believe that we missed a day in the weekend...because holy cow, did those two days fly by!

This weekend was pretty laid back...kind of reminds me of last Monday's post.  Hmmm....maybe we should actually be productive this upcoming Friday-Sunday?? Ha!

Anyway, the weekend started with my Mom coming into town to spend the afternoon with the boys and I.  It had been almost a month since we've seen her, so the boys were beyond excited.  Especially since I didn't tell them she was coming.  Needless to say, when we picked Madden up from school that afternoon, he buzzed right by me and gave her the biggest hug.  My mama/daughter heart burst into a million pieces.  It doesn't matter how long it's been, they always pick right back up where they left off with her.  It just made me realize that we need to do a way better job of making time for one another...my parents only live an hour and a half away from us, but sometimes it feels like 500 miles.

We all hit up Sonic Happy Hour after school, before hitting up Target for a few randoms...including some darling swim tops for me for our upcoming cruise.  Including this one and this one.  Mama needs padding because I need all the help I can get in that department. #pushupforthewin

After dinner, where I served this, the boys played hide and seek with Grammy until Daddy got home from being gone the last few days, which meant my Mom headed back home.  Many tears were shed, but it was also bedtime, so exhaustion had also kicked in...

Saturday morning was the gym for the boys and I while Aaron headed into the office and did his personal training session with his trainer.  The littles and I went straight from the gym, to the starbucks drive thru, to the hair salon for long overdue haircuts.  Any other mamas out there have to literally pin their child down the entire haircut?  Holy sweat session.  I thought I had already gotten my workout in for the day, but goodness gracious, Linden gives me a run for my money every single time.  You would think he's getting a shot, not just his hair trimmed...

We proceeded to hang out the rest of the afternoon, before Aaron and I were off on little date night!  It had been months since our last date, so we were long overdue.  We had dinner at a (new to us) restaurant here in town called Tavern 180.  It was pretty tasty.  I started with a Moscow mule, we shared two apps: the crab and shrimp stack, and the kobe beef lettuce wraps.  I had the sea bass and baby veggies with a side of burgundy mushrooms (because I LOVE mushrooms).

We left there with intentions of seeing a movie after, which didn't start until an hour later.  So we stopped by Paradise Bakery for coffee and dessert beforehand.  And oh my heavens...I had a piece of their carrot cake.  And I am not joking when I say that it was quite possibly the best carrot cake ever.  You just know that when you have to use two hands to hold the plate it comes on, because it's so heavy, that it's going to be amazing.  You guys, I'm still dreaming about how dense and delicious it was.  I ate the whole piece myself.  Did I mention that my husband is doing a body transformation challenge at his gym?  Yeah.  Try eating out with someone who is on a strict meal plan.  It sucks.  Hence the healthy food at dinner...but I said screw being nice once I saw that carrot cake.  I didn't even care as he watched intently as I licked my spoon after every bite. #wifeoftheyear

So we had made plans to see LaLa Land afterwards.  Knowing nothing about the movie except that it has won a lot of awards already and is well on its way to winning a few oscars as well, it had to be amazing, right?  Um, maybe we are just not artsy or musical enough to understand it, but after the movie started off with a big music production, we just looked at each other and both go, almost in unison, "is this a musical?!"  Oh boy was it ever.  You guys.  My husband was literally sweating from every inch of his body, he was so uncomfortable.  And for the first time in my 30 years of life, we walked out of a movie after 30 minutes.  We just couldn't do it.  I mean, when Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone began flying through the air at one point, we lost it.  That was our cue to peace out.  Lesson learned.  Do your research before seeing a movie.  There goes $25...and we couldn't even enjoy any popcorn (the best part of going to the movies) because of Aaron's diet.  Boo.

We called it an early night after that and went home.  On the bright side, we woke up feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed Sunday morning!  I had a little sous chef (Madden) helping me make breakfast, while we jammed out to some music, sipped on coffee and hung out as a family in the kitchen before we finally changed out of our jammies around 10:30.

We loaded up the car to go with Aaron to his office and scope out his new space...His company has grown so much in the last couple years that they had to add another floor of office space to fit everyone, and he chose to move up with them.  It's not finished yet, but it was still exciting to see the new space and new concept for their office.  You could tell he was excited and proud and the boys loved running around a nearly empty floor.  It will be fun watching those two grow up visiting Daddy there.

Aaron left yesterday afternoon for the week, so the boys napped and then we hung out, watching the Super Bowl before calling it a night.

Another weekend is in the books, and now it's survival mode this week while Aaron is out of town...say a prayer for me that I don't lose my patience or mind! ;)

Until next time...

1 comment: