Email me

Thursday, February 2, 2017

Things I Cannot Live Without

Happy Friday Eve you guys!  The weekend is so close, I can almost taste it!

Speaking of taste, do you have any food items that you just cannot live without?  I'm talking, items that you ALWAYS have on hand, even if you have to go out in the middle of a snow storm just to make sure you don't run out of said item?  Well, I know this is going to seem completely random, but these are my "must-have" pantry and fridge items that are 100% always in my pantry or fridge.


  • Blueberry Muffin Quest Bars & Salted Caramel Power Crunch Bars
    • I know that I shared my love for the Salted Caramel bars last week, and I never, ever run out of those, but I literally cannot live without my Blueberry Muffin Quest Bar every single morning.  I seriously wake up craving one...that and my coffee of course. ;)
  • Donut Shop Regular Medium Roast Coffee K-Cups
    • As long as we are on the topic of breakfast items, I thought I'd throw this in the mix.  I mean, it's not just a morning necessity, but a morning/midday/and early afternoon must for me.  I used to do lots of fancy flavors, and I don't know if it's my age, but just a non-flavored coffee, two splendas and some sugar free french vanilla creamer and I am a happy camper!  So I would definitely have to add the sugar free french vanilla creamer to my must-haves...and it has to be coffee mate.  I can't do any other brands.  Tried them all, but coffee mate has my heart!
  • Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Greek Yogurt
    • I have one of these with every single lunch.  But my favorite thing to do with them?  I take sugar free pudding mix and dump about a tablespoon of it in with the yogurt.  I am not exaggerating when I say that it tastes just like dessert.  A healthy mousse, if you will. My favorite flavor goes to chocolate, but butterscotch is a close second.  If you've never mixed pudding mix with greek yogurt, try it.  It will blow your mind!
  • Dried Dates
    • Oh my word you guys.  Have you ever had these?  I started eating them after I read one of Mix and Match Mama's posts, where she says she has a few as an afternoon snack, and I haven't looked back.  They almost taste like candy to me, so I have to be careful or I could eat the whole Costco sized bag in an afternoon.  I don't care if they are better for you than a cookie, if you eat the whole bag, you are worse off than if you would've eaten that cookie! ha!
  • Dried Figs
    • While we are talking about dried fruit, these bad boys rank right on up there with dates!  Now, I know they aren't everybody's cup of tea, and they weren't mine at first either, but I found the trick to making them taste amazing: refrigeration.  Not kidding.  Toss the bag of them in the produce drawer in your fridge and you won't eat them any other way.  So, so good!
  • Peanut Butter Cup Halo Top Ice Cream
    • Stop what you are doing right now and go out and get yourself some.  Seriously.  This stuff is legitimately the absolute bomb.  There are some amaaaazing flavors out there, but Peanut Butter Cup is my fave.  I mean, most pints are 320 calories and under.  Not just for the serving, but for the WHOLE pint!  I have been known to easily put down a pint in one sitting.  Who am I kidding?  That's the only way I eat it!
  • String Cheese
    • Ok, I know that I sound like a little kid when I say I can't live without string cheese, but don't you all remember how amazing these things were when you were growing up?  I mean, I don't pull it apart string by string anymore, but it's still just as tasty and I have at least one a day as a snack with my dates and figs ;)
Alrighty folks, now that I am STARVING, I'm going to go raid my fridge and pantry to snack on some of these goodies...cause Lord knows I have them ALL on hand!

What are some of your "must-have" food items?  Anything that I need to run out and buy this minute?  Do share!

Until next time...

3 comments: