Email me

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A long awaited prayer is finally answered...

Well hello there!! Happy New Year! I hope y'all had a fantastic Christmas and a spectacular New Year...I know that this was one of our best one's yet!

First of all, I just want to thank each and every one of you for your sweet words, congratulations and uplifting overall excitement at the announcement of our big news from last week! It means more than any of you will ever know, and I am more than grateful for this supportive little family that I have here, in blog land. You all hold a special place in my heart and I could never thank you enough!

Obviously my absence has been noticeable around these parts, and I apologize for that...it killed me not to share with y'all this monumental moment in my life as soon as I saw those two pink lines appear on that stick a whopping 11 weeks ago! It took all my self control to not leak the news! 

On top of not making this public until last week, I've been battling some major exhaustion and some pretty nasty nausea...boo! Buuuuut, I have not, nor will I ever complain about any of the symptoms that come with this pregnancy. We have waited, prayed, shed lots of tears and prayed some more for this  and I thank God for each and every symptom I have endured in these past 15 weeks. I gladly welcome them with open arms, knowing that it is simply my tiny babe just growing and thriving inside me...which is still crazy to me to say! 

Anyway, if you haven't already done the math, yes, I am 15 weeks today. Which means I took the long awaited test  on October 20th (the day after my sister's wedding) a mere 11 weeks ago...time has flown and I couldn't be more excited.

So, I promised you last week that I would share the story on how we found out...so, here is the abbreviated version (as to not bore you!)

As you all know, we have been trying to conceive since May of 2012...but not taking medical assistance until May 2013. Which meant 1 round of clomid (with no success) followed by 3 rounds of Fromara (with no success), a dye test to check my tubes for blockage (which led to a clean result), followed by one final round of Fromara at the end of September. Which, after that last round, we had decided to just let things happen on their own if nothing happened. 

Well, as you all remember, my sister got married on October 19th, and I was due to start my cycle on the 18th (the day before her wedding.) Aaron and I had both decided that even if it didn't start, I would wait to test until after the wedding as to not distract myself from my MOH duties, and more importantly, my sister's long awaited big day.

As much as it killed me, I waited. Because the 18th rolled around, and nothing happened. I remember going to bed that night just praying and having this sense of overwhelming peace that something was happening. That we had finally made a baby. 

But, I put all of those thoughts, feelings and emotions on the back burner the next day and a half to celebrate my sister and the new life she was about to begin. And, looking back, I am so glad that I did. I wouldn't do it any other way.

Sunday was spent watching my sister and her husband opening presents, before heading back to Omaha that evening. You better believe the first stop I made when I got into town was to my local walgreens to pick up a few pregnancy tests! I rushed home to my husband sitting on the couch watching football, gave him a quick peck on the cheek before heading to take the test.

I did my deed, put the lid on and set it on the shelf and closed the door. I didn't want to look at it until the "required" 3 minutes were up. I headed back out into the living room, trying to keep myself distracted by playing with Madden, unpacking our bags and starting a load of laundry. Finally, after about 10 minutes, I decided to open the door to see what the stick had to tell me.

I remember grabbing it, eyes closed, with shaking hands, and butterflies in my stomach. When I opened my eyes, I instantly had tears in my eyes. I walked back into the living room, stick in hand, to my husband asking the question "so...what did it say?" Which is when I collapsed into the floor, crying hysterically...he hopped up immediately, to comfort me, saying "it's ok babe. We will keep trying. It will all be ok." I looked up at him, came to my feet and said "no, babe, look!!!! We did it!! I'm pregnant!"

We stood there for what seemed like hours, just hugging and embracing each other, as I cried tears of joy and he smiled bigger than I have ever seen him smile. It was one of the greatest moments of my life, and I will never forget how I felt then and there.

June 26, 2014. The estimated due date of babe #2. So much to look forward to in the next (less than) six months. And I cannot wait to experience each and every minute.

Now I want to open it up to you guys...what questions do you have for me? Any and all questions are welcome! I cannot wait to share all about this pregnancy with y'all as I want you to be a part of the entire journey....so ask away! I am an open book!

Until next time...

16 comments:

  1. Aaaand.....one again......I'm the first comment!!!....which is funny since this story is not new news to me!!!! However, as I read it, tears flooded my face (in my office at work--oops) and I, once again, felt the excitement alllllll over again! I'm so glad to have been there over these last several months and can't believe we are prego at the same time! EEEKKKK!!!!

    We are over the moon excited for you guys and noone deserves it more than you, Aaron and Madden! Y'all are gonna be such a cute family of four!!!!!!

    Let the bump updates begin, ma'am!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats!! Are you finding out the gender?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I'm a teary mess over here! Thank you for sharing the story... so, SO sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your family!! What a heartwarming story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful story Jenna! I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Such a wonderful story!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! You must be soooo over the moon excited!! Have you told Madden yet? Does he understand/is he excited?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I straight up had the chills and almost tears in my eyes as I read this! I can just imagine how amazing of a feeling it was for you and I am SO happy for you! I personally don't have any children but my heart breaks when I hear infirtility stories and I fear so much that one day it could happen to me! I love how you put control in God's hands and it worked! I pray for a healthy pregnancy for you! :) I honestly don't know how the hell you for one, waited until the day after your sister's wedding to take the test, and for two, waited so long to share the news! Haha! Thanks for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, that is alway an exciting time of life :) And your little guys is SO cute!

    NGF; Kayla @ http://doublethalove.blogspot.ca/2014/01/new-year-new-family.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. that last picture is the sweetest!!!!! what a great blessing :)) and you did it all on your own!!!! AMAZING.
    congrats again lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this glimpse into your big news! Happy New Year indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post made me cry.....tears of absolute joy!!! To say I am happy for you, would be an understatement!! You are such a beautiful person and a total blessing, in my life! I cannot wait to see how stinkin cute you are going to look with that belly!! Love you sweet friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So excited for you and your family! What an exciting time =)
    Emily
    withabowontop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay!...and What does the Fromara consist of? shots?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I'm so happy for you guys! I'm a crying mess over here! Joy, joy, joy. So much JOY! I can't wait to see your little tummy grow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Since its inception, mny cast members have passed through the halls of ER, many of them having gone on to become big stars in Hollywood.
    Oh yea wil jurassic park builder triche actually have an effect
    on governmental policies. I have been loving this trip more than any other I have ever been on.

    Look at my blog post: jurassic park builder cheats

    ReplyDelete